Teach Self-Control and Speed in this Rock Solid Start Line for Agility Online Class!
January 15, 2018
I will share with you videos and written explanations of fun games, exercises and techniques that I use to get a rock solid start line in agility.
These exercises include:
- teaching the dog a solid understanding of a stationary position
- teaching the dog a solid understanding of your release word
- teaching the dog to focus on the first obstacle (to allow you to leave the dog to lead out forward, backwards or sideways off the start line to handle any opening line)
- showing you when, where and how to reward
- showing you when and where the handler should be looking and moving
- what to do when a problem arises or if the dog breaks
Not only will we work on the impulse control of waiting on the start line for the release but the explosive speed we want off the start line. We want both self-control and speed!
Class will be held as a private Facebook group where everyone can work at their own pace. I will share videos and written explanations of each exercise. Exercises/homework will be given every 3 – 4 days. Members of the class/group can ask questions and video may be requested. The videos will remain available for several weeks after the class is concluded so nobody will miss out.
This class is appropriate for dogs and puppies of all ages and stages of training from an eight week puppy up to dogs already competing at the Masters level. Some of the games and exercises can be done indoors so it’s a great winter class for northerners.
Class cost is $100 up through Christmas day and then goes up to $125 up until class begins on January 15, 2018. Class will run for 8 weeks.